Shrimp Boats in Art at Port Isabel, Texas

On the Port Isabel side of the causeway from South Padre Island, stands an inlet where shrimp boats can dock. Fish and shrimp can be unloaded and the fishermen can take a break from being out at sea.

This image is called repairing the nets. I use inks as watercolors, this one on canvas. I also applied this to a sheet of aluminum and it looks fantastic. I buff the aluminum, and apply a wall hanger back so the art can be hung on the wall in your office. I paint it with a white base coat to make the art pop. Then I apply inks that can soak to the metal and bake at about 400ยบ. The result is a permanent adhesion to the metal.

See more at Friday Night Arts. #fridaynightart #portIsabel 

Shrimp Boats Port Isabel - Ink on Canvas by Jim Rode of Friday Night Art in OKC
Shrimp Boats Port Isabel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yukon's Best Flour - Oklahoma Mill

Night Ghosts Nashville

Tide at Laguna Beach