Oklahoma Capitol at 5 a.m.

I call this State Capitol 5 a.m.

I shot it from my car using my iPhone. Once I captured the scene, I converted it to inks, based upon the pixels of the what the phone captured. The fragile nature of the image (with the phone pushed to the limit in the darkness) meant that I had a fabulous sky. It reminds me of Starry Night by Van Gough.

I have used inks on canvas to create this piece 24x30 on archival linen and ready to hang. It is $999 and available through me at Jim@JimRode.com #fridaynightart 

A new version has been created using inks baked into a sheet of aluminum. $1299

Oklahoma Capitol building before dawn. Painting Friday Night Art Oklahoma City
Oklahoma Capitol 5 a.m.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indian Trading Post on Old Route 66

Yukon's Best Flour - Oklahoma Mill

Venezia Italian Ristorante in Del City